Clients don't see VServer button

Discussion in 'General' started by PacoW, Feb 10, 2015.

1. PacoW

PacoW New Member

I installed ISPConfig3 on CentOS 6.6 i386 Linux on a bare machine (not a VPS) and I am learning how to use it before I go live. It's easy, I like it!

Before installing ISPConfig3 I installed OpenVZ, so in the ISPConfig3 web panel as an admin using the VServer button I created an IP pool and a I created a VPS for a client. I am able to start/restart/stop a VPS, so that works OK. Then I log in to his/her VPS using SSH, that also works.

My only worry is, when I log in to the ISPConfig3 web panel as the client, there is no VServer button. :confused: Is this by design or am I doing something wrong? (I can't check up right now, but AFIK I gave the client rights to do VServer.) This way clients can't create or delete VPSes themselves: only admin can. I can live with that, but the real problem is: when a client logs in to his/her VPS using SSH and executes "halt" or "shutdown -h now" to temporarily disable the VPS, there is no way for the client to start it. Obviously as an admin I don't want to receive urgent requests from my clients to start their VPS and tell them "then... dont!"

Any ideas?

I didn't install OpenVZ using the Installing OpenVZ + Management Of VMs Through ISPConfig 3 (Debian 6.0) howto, because I'm using CentOS, but I can't find any steps in there I could have missed. As a workaround I could additionally install OpenVZ Web Panel which can by used by clients to control a VPS, but I prefer to have only one web panel: ISPConfig3. I mean, configuring hosting services should be as straight & easy as possible to my clients. ;)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The current vserver module is for the admin only, it is a module that the admin uses to provide vservers to its clients. But I agree that we should add a module or dashlet to let clients restart their vm.

3. PacoW

PacoW New Member

Thank you for your quick and clear reply.

I'm glad I didn't do something wrong. ;)