Clone Default theme

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by 0658, Aug 19, 2023.

1. 0658

0658 Member

Hi
    I am looking into a quickfick to clone deafault theme.
    I have just made some css changes but hope to find a easy way to clone it to a seperate theme as it roll back every time we update ispconfig.
    Is there any quick recciept to create a "new theme" based on the default so its stays as it has been changed when we update to a new version when its released and installed so i dont need to stress with overwrite the new files with a customized css.
    I hope someone can explain how i repack the default theme into a pack that can be uploaded and renamed to avoid overwrite when updates are installed.

BTW i dont need any way to remove ispconfig backlinks etc as we are proudly linking back to the project but we have done some css customisations to match our brand colors but with every update the css is overwritten and i like to bypass that problem.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Go to the themes folder, make a copy of the "default" theme folder by choosing a different name. In your theme folder, you must also add f file with the name "ispconfig_version" which must contain the current ISPConfig version number, e.g. 3.2.11 at the moment. Finally, you can change the themes of the users and set your new theme as default in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php as well.

0658 and ahrasis like this.