Clone from Linux 9 to IBM Server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by benpeh47, Sep 25, 2006.

1. benpeh47

benpeh47 New Member

Hi
    Anyone has tried cloning a windows server image from Suse Linux 9 Server to an IBM server e.g x346/ x366 installed with an external raid controller? I installed Norton Ghost v9 in the Linux server. The image when start to deploy to x346 hangs at the NTFS MFT and it does not proceed. Any ideas on this? I suspect it is the raid controller causing the issue because when I took out the external raid controller from the ibm server and use the internal, it works fine. Is there anything to be done e.g adding the raid driver into the server? How to go about doing it? Or any other ideas? Really stuck with this problem for sometime. Appreciate if someone could help on this question. Thank you.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Some new RAID controllers aren't supported by most Linux kernels. So maybe it's a driver problem.

3. benpeh47

benpeh47 New Member

Yes I guess so because I created a bartpe cd and it works. Any idea how i can get the driver into my master to get it working? I hate to use a bartpe everytime because I have high volumes of servers to clone. Thanks for the advice.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I think you need to compile a new kernel that supports your RAID controller.