Cloned Server HDD and added PHP 7.1.6, plan to upgrade to Debian 9

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Quaxth, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Cloned Server HDD and added PHP 7.1.6, plan to upgrade to Debian 9
    As the title says!

I cloned the Server HDD with HDClone 5 and that worked well. After done that, I connected that cloned HDD and disconnected the 'Master'! Everything just works fine after starting. I then added PHP 7.1 to the system using Till's Tutorial "How to install PHP 7.1.6 ...." and all went well, no error's etc.!
    So, the next step I plan is to upgrade firstly Debian 8.7.1 to Debian 9 Stretch, following to upgrade ISPConfig 3.1dev to the latest version 3.1.5!
    I read about the needed steps on this site and like to ask the experts to check the command I like to use are correct, and, for sure, are complete and workable.

OK, here we go, Step 1:
    Change the name of the OS from 'jessie' to 'stretch' in /etc/apt/sources.list using:
    Code:
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list
    Step 2:
    The next commands are:
    Code:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade
    Are those commands correct, and, could I use the above as one command, or need it be done separately?
    Are there any more commands for to be done for the Debian upgrade?

Step 3:
    The ISPConfig Upgrade from 3.1dev to 3.1.5
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh
    I'll follow the 'How to update ISPConfig' tutorial

I'll try that on that cloned Server HDD first before do the same on the Master for to be sure all will work correctly. If I need to do anything else, please let me know, because I'm not a Linux Expert at all!

Thanks a lot for any comment and help.

2. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Anyone??

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That should be ok in that order. I haven't tested the upgrade from Debian 8 to 9 yet, so I can't give you any additional info. In general, the commands above look fine.

4. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Thanks a lot Till.

Will go ahead and run those commands!

5. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

Sorry for the wrong posting, I deleted already! I've problems with my eyes (grey star), and waiting for my new glasses.
    Thanks.

6. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

The Upgrade is running now. After finish let you know the outcome.
    Thanks.

7. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

OK, done!

The upgrade, first from Debian 8.7.1 to Debian 9 Stretch worked well, as well as from ISPConfig 3.1dev to 3.1.5 afterward!

Also, Softaculous and the scripts installed, working well too.

That said, the commands from my earlier post worked just correct and fine. I there will be some problems, later on, I'll post about it.

Thanks to Till for the help.

8. mib007

mib007 New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  9. Quaxth

Quaxth Member

I think that most of the sites still running on PHP5.x and not 7.x!!

And just to mention, I did use the Perfect Server for Debian 9 an d ended up to go back to Debian 8.7.1 because of problems to add PHP 5.6 to the new Debian 9. So done a clean install of Debian 8.7.1 and ISPConfig 3.1, added PHP 7.1 after that and Upgraded Debian 8.7.1 to Debian 9 and ISPConfig from 3.1dev to 3.1.5 as the last step. That worked well and all is working now.