Close port for WAN but open for LAN

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by chico11mbit, Jun 10, 2015.

1. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

Hello,
    we have a server with two network adapters eth0 and bond0.
    Some services are working there like ISPConfig with postfix, Apache, ftp etc. and some others which should only be accessed in LAN. I want to allow that all ports in the server are open for LAN (bond0, 192.168.1.x) and only some ports are open for WAN (eth0). In ISPConfig with bastille i can only open ports for both networks at the same time and not network specific.

How can i deal with this problem?

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

You could try using "arno-iptables-firewall" on console.

3. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

should i deactivate bastille in the ispconfig frontend then?

4. Croydon

I'd do this, just to be safe.

5. chico11mbit

chico11mbit Member

Nice shiny and pretty. It is working like a charm. May be Arno firewall is the better/newer choice for ISPConfig. I think server have often WAN and LAN on the same installation.

But now there are so many entries in iptables that the whole listing is not shown in ispconfig :eek:
    I thought my fail2ban installation would be cancelled, but the entries are at the end of "iptables -s" and not shown in ispconfig. is there a chance in the future to fix this in the template?

Again, you safe my admin day :)
    edit: could be a cache problem. after 5 minutes the list in ispconfig is ok. Very nice, forget my insisting above :)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  6. Croydon

:) The monitor is not real-time, so depending on the lists the delay is a few minutes to an hour.