Cluster Servers - Accessing PHPMyAdmin on DB Server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by NeonTigerUK, Nov 2, 2016.

1. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

Hi All -
    I followed the setup in the manual, but when I click on the DB icon by any of the DBs on the Database tab I can't get them to open in PHPMyAdmin.
    The Only DBs I can see are on the web server :(
    I've tried to access PHPMyAdmin on the DB server by visiting both :8080 and :3306 from the IP address but no such luck
    I need to get into these databases so I can make manual changes, apparently its the quickest way for one of the components i have installed on a website :(

Any help would be appreciated

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi,
    have you installed phpMyAdmin? 3306 is the mysql port, not for phpMyAdmin, port 8080 is only available on the ISPConfig interface server.
    It totally depends on how you installed phpMyAdmin how you have to access it. Mostly it's simply http://serverip/phpmyadmin/ if installed via debian package for example.

3. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

@Croydon I installed is as per the multi-server setup in the manual. trying http://serverip/phpmyadmin doesn't do it ... it would be useful if the icon in IPSConfig showed phpmyadmin for the database server that they are on

4. Croydon

The button in the database list is configurable. You set it under system -> server config -> your server.
    Maybe you didn't install phpmyadmin (or apache) on the server the databases are on.

5. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

@Croydon ok, i appreciate that it may be configurable, but in a multi server setup you can have multiple mysql servers (ok so i only have one at the moment) so if the button connects to the right server (which it knows as its listed) that might be a good idea for a future release?

I know i have phpmyadmin installed on the server, and I'm fairly sure i have apache on it (but i'll check)

6. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can add a remote-server to your phpmyadmin-installation by adding the following lines to your phpmyadmin-config:
    Code:
    $i = 0;
    // The $cfg['Servers'] array starts with $cfg['Servers'][1].  Do not use $cfg['Servers'][0].
    // You can disable a server config entry by setting host to ''.

$i++;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'name shown in the interface';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'servername';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = 3306;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

/* Server: localhost [2] */
    $i++;
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = 'localhost';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root';
    $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = '';

7. Croydon

If you have multiple database servers, thats not a problem either.
    See "System -> Interface -> Main Config" there are placeholders for server name and db name in the phpmyadmin field. E. g.: http://[SERVERNAME]:8081/phpmyadmin/ or something like that.

8. NeonTigerUK

NeonTigerUK Member

@florian030 im wondering if this might be a good idea to be automatically added when you join a server to a cluster?

Now to work out how to add it to my config file