Co-Domain problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alva, Aug 17, 2007.

1. alva

alva New Member

I have add co-domain from ispcofig to my domain. I was able to add domain but there is no field for password. How or were from I can add password for subdomain?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why do you expect that there should be a password field for a subdomain? Thats really uncommon.

If you want to password protect a directory, use the webFTP client or create a .ftacces file manually.

If you want a subdomain to be in a separate directory, create a new web for the subdomain and not a co-domain.

3. alva

alva New Member

I expected it because I understand Co-domain as subdomain.

OK I tried to create subdomain as new site but it's somewere written that my subdomain is already used and shows me error. I searched inside of config found one place and deleted it but still the same. what to do? or do i have to wait?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) NEVER edit the config files.

Just delete the co-domain in the interface and not the config file, then empty the recycle bin and creat it in the new location.

Thats correct. But subdomains and password protection are teo totally different and unrelated topics.

5. alva

alva New Member

Almost clear,

When I created new site with hostname XXX and domain demo.com it still not working, ok ftp works but when i go to xxx.demo.com it shows aggain www.demo.com welcome page :(

I have also tried to create same in DNS manager but it also does not works

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Did you get an error message when you created the new web site xxx.demo.com?
    Please check Vhosts_ispconfig.conf if xxx.demo.com is a vhost of its own, or if it's still a ServerAlias of another web site.