ColdFusion 7.x Installation - CFX/C++ tags

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by sdhoigt, Aug 20, 2006.

1. sdhoigt

sdhoigt New Member

I'm having one issue with the ColdFusion 7.x Installation on Debian tutorial. I cannot register any cfx/C++ tags, and I'm pretty sure it's related to the installation step warning that it cannot find: compat-libstdc++

I did install libstdc++6 libstdc++5 libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 as per the instructions, but I think we still need to install the compat(ibility) libtdc++ file for Debian.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks for reading,
    SD

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I'm using coldfusion on my Debian Sarge server, and I have the same problem.. I've installed about every needed file on a test server (also running Debian), and never managed to get the register any cfx/C++ tags to work.

As I'm not really in need (for now) to run any cfx/C++ tags I gave up on trying...

I DID manage to get it to work on a Fedora RC4 system.

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Okay, I've done some more testing and I have got it to work on Debain and my Coldfusion MX7.02 server :)

compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm is all extra that is needed.

To install this library on Debian: download the rpm, convert it to a debian package and install.

Use alien to convert the package.

Install alien: apt-get install alien

Download the compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm file: wget ftp://ftp.uni-bayreuth.de/pub/linux...s/i386/compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm

convert the .rpm: alien compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.118.i386.rpm

install the .deb file: dpkg -i compat-libstdc++_7.3-3.96_i386.deb

With a bit of luck (it does work on my VMware system) you are now able to register C++ CFX tags with Coldfusion MX7

4. sdhoigt

sdhoigt New Member

Well, that did allow me to register an extension (a simple HelloWorld.so).

Did you have any luck past that? The ColdFusion application server crashes/restarts when I try to call this cfx tag in a script. I think I'll try this with another distro that's closer to the oficial support list and see what happens.

Thanks for spending some time on this w/me.

SD