Command line admin functions

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by Never-Enuff, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Never-Enuff

Never-Enuff New Member

Is there a way to do ISPConfig admin functions from a command line, for example, adding a client, setup of initial settings, etc..? I would like my billing/provisioning server to be able to signup the customer then create the account package settings they chose on the ISPConfig server and if they dont pay or close their account the provisioning server will close the account.

Thnx

Dickie

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Adding users and websites from a third party software or a website is done with the remoting API in ISPConfig and not a commandline tool.

3. Never-Enuff

Never-Enuff New Member

Got it.

Thanx

Dickie

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Never-Enuff

Never-Enuff New Member

Till,

(Please excuse my noob questions).. I have looked over the examples and being I have never used soap before, I am a little confused on the usage. So let me ask you this, after i create the "soap-add-client.php" with my user information, do I just run it as: "http://192.168.10.189:8080/remote/soap-add-client.php" ? or have I missed something?

Thnx

Dickie

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, you dont put this script into the ispconfig remote folder. The script is just an example, you take the code from that script and add it inside your cms system or script from where you want to create the users. This code will then do a tcp connection to ispconfig by using the SOAP protocol to create the client.

6. Never-Enuff

Never-Enuff New Member

Ok I have the scripts on the provisioning server, I created a test soap-add-client.php script and ran it and it creates a empty account. I have the ISPConfig server set for debug logging, but I am currently seeing nothing in the logs about the script, error or otherwise. Is there a particular log I need to look at to track down my issue. on the provisioning server i run the script as 'php ./soap-add-client.php' and it gives me a session id and then a very brief pause the logs out.

Thnx

Dickie

--------------
    root@mrhouse:/projects/Scripts/ispconfig# php ./soap-client-add.php
    Login successfull. SessionID:daa3ccd4fb65617fb21dae9369767dc6<br />Logout.<br />root@mrhouse:/projects/Scripts/ispconfig#

7. Never-Enuff

Never-Enuff New Member

I found the error, it was the name of the template that was kicking it all out.

Dickie