Commandline spamassassin

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by robsbots, Dec 8, 2011.

1. robsbots

robsbots New Member

Hi all.

I have just finished setting up a ubuntu 11.04 mail server from one of the howto's on here. Great work by the way.

I have copied over a LARGE imap folder for a user on my system. (Very important user. Its the better half )

There are thousands of emails in the folder and a lot are spam. As these messeages where copied over as files rather than received they have not passed through the spam filter so.....

Can I run spamassassin over the folder to mark up the messages or is there another way to do this ?
    If I can, how is it done ?

Thanks for any help/advice

Kind regards

Rob

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. robsbots

robsbots New Member

Good Plan, but.....

Hi falko,

Thanks for the reply.

That is a good plan. It's the plan I started with. I installed a postfix server, used imapcopy very succefully to tranfer all the mails over to the new sever. This was then hit by a spammer and I tried to lock it down. I managed to lock myself out of the server as well. No ipam/pop/ssh. Nothing but web. Whoops.

So now I am working with a backup of the mail folders. No servers to collect the mail from :(. As such I just have a folder full of 1000's of emails. My Mrs says as soon as I get them back she will go trough and sort them, and reduce the numbers some what.

To make this a little easier I was hoping to at least de-spam first.

Anyway. Thats where I am.

Kind regards

Rob
    (Server newbie, but learning all the time.....)