Commented out disable_functions in php.ini to create CSR with ISPconfig 3

Discussion in 'General' started by unsichtbare, Jul 17, 2014.

1. unsichtbare

unsichtbare Member HowtoForge Supporter

First I would like to thank SIPHERDEE for the post Unable to generate a CSR using the control panel (continued)

By commenting out the line:
    Code:
    ;disable_functions = pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,
    in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, I was able to generate a CSR.

Now, is it safe to continue with this line commented and/or what part of the line prevented me from generating a CSR before I comment it out?

THX
    -John

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The line does not has to be commented out in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini as ispconfig does not use this php.ini file, but it has to be commented out in /etc/php5/cli/php.ini if it contains a line to diable the exc command on your server.

3. unsichtbare

Very odd.

Prior to commenting ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, when I tried to create a certificate (CSR), the SSL Tab (for the site) closed and returned me to the top-level list of websites.

After I commented ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, I was able to create a CSR and save the cert/bundle from my CA.

Because I was unaware which php.ini would affect ISPconfig, I was going to try commenting ";disable_functions" in each of the php.ini sequentially. Because the change to ";disable_functions" in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini did the trick, I looked no further.

-John

4. unsichtbare

Update: disable_functions

I took Till's advice and un-commented disable_functions in: /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, and then commented it in in: /etc/php5/cli/php.ini

It seems that when I create a SSL in the ISPconfig web GUI, it will not appear until I restart apache2.

In other words; I select 'Create Certificate' then click Save and it takes me back to the top-level list of sites. If I select the site, then SSL tab, there is nothing. If I restart apache2, then look at the SSL tab for the site, the SSL Cert Req and everything else is there!