Common webmail for all domains

Discussion in 'General' started by FredZ, Oct 3, 2009.

1. FredZ

FredZ Member

Hello all

Spent most of the day today searching for this and am now just plain tired of wading through all the countless pages.

Desired result:
    For all webs hosted on my ISPconfig 2.x server I would like a common webmail access point.

IE. http://webmail.mydomain.com

I expect users to enter their entire email address along with their respective passwords to gain access.

IE:
    [email protected] (and their password)
    [email protected] (and their password)

I am not to fussed with what webmail application is used provided the user has the ability to change their password within the mebmail application.

The real object here is to setup webmail only once across the entire ISPconfig system.

Is this possible?

If so, can someone please point me to some information.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Fred

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. FredZ

FredZ Member

I have tested both the roundcube and squirrelmail options. Both fail, login failure.

Given both options don't work for me I have obviously missed something, but I can't see the wood for the trees.

Here is what the mail.log says using the roundcude (prefered) option.

Code:
    Oct  4 11:39:46 web1 imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Oct  4 11:39:46 web1 imapd: LOGIN FAILED, [email protected], ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Oct  4 11:39:51 web1 imapd: Disconnected, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], time=5
    Oct  4 11:42:09 web1 imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

I was lazy and used the roundcude installer to create the config files.
    I even install the version mention in the tutorial as the "program/include/main.inc" is different in the latest version, I refer to the line 709 mod.

Any comments would be most helpfull.

Regards

Fred

4. _X_

_X_ New Member

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please try the username for the login (e.g. web1_someuser), not the email address.

6. FredZ

FredZ Member

As suggested, if I used the username instead of the complete email address, now I get the following error.

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

Error No. [0x01F4]

The mail.log shows:
    Code:
    Oct  5 11:36:44 web1 imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Oct  5 11:36:44 web1 imapd: LOGIN, user=webmail, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], port=[35926], protocol=IMAP
    Oct  5 11:36:44 web1 imapd: LOGOUT, user=webmail, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=71, sent=568, time=0
    Regards

Fred