Communication Packets and Multi-Server Setup

Discussion in 'General' started by mrbcast, Dec 14, 2019.

1. mrbcast

mrbcast New Member

Hey Til,
    Hope this query finds you well. I have recently started having a problem after moving my server into a co-location facility. The bind updates as well as other inter-server updates on my multi-server setup are not being read and related. The message in the mysql log file reads "Got an error reading communication packets". I have a three server setup with the main carrying all functions of ISPConfig except the DNS and they are carried by servers two and three. All are LXC containers in proxmox. They were working great until the move. The guy at the co-location facility helped me track down a dropped packet problem in my NICs but after a cold boot of the machine they started populating again for 10 minutes and then back to the same old thing. Any ideas. I know I probably haven't given you all you need in leu of info, please let me know what you need and I will try to provide it. Thanks for your help.

2. mrbcast

mrbcast New Member

Hello? Til

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It looks like a network problem indeed, so it seems to be not ISPConfig related. Besides that, I did not have such an issue yet, so I can't tell you why it happens.

4. mrbcast

mrbcast New Member

Hey Til,
    Merry Christmas. I solved the problem of the sync issues by going to Tools>Resync and allowing the dns to resync. Solved the problem and fixed all my issues in one shot. As for the dropped packets, I think I have a network card going bad. I want to thank you for all you do with this software. It has really made a difference in my career. I am able to do business that I normally wouldn't be able to. Is there anywhere I can donate to the project? Anyway thanks again and God bless you and your family. May you have a wonderful and prosperous new year.

till likes this.
  5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter