Compile error for kernel

Discussion in 'Kernel Questions' started by zigga150, Feb 12, 2009.

1. zigga150

zigga150 New Member

Hello,

I am trying to compile another version of the kernel with a non-standard compiler (its custom). I basically changed the hard coding of the makefile and changed/exported CC and CXX to be safe. I am on linux ubuntu8

Anyway I have the same problem as the person at the end of the comment list here: http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu_p2#comment-7326

Basically it says:

scripts/mod/sumversion.c: In function ‘get_src_version’:
    scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    scripts/mod/sumversion.c:384: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

I am building on a virtual machine - any ideas? thanks.

Dan

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Not sure what that means - maybe you have to disable a module during make menuconfig...

3. zigga150

zigga150 New Member

Hey Falko,

Sorry for the late reply.

I think you may be right. As I am building a different version kernel to the one I am building on, would there be a version problem?

Is there a simple way to disable modules in menuconfig? or will I have to hack everything up?

Thanks,

~ Dan

4. zigga150

zigga150 New Member

To anyone following the thread,

I solved this quite simply by adding
    Code:
    #include <limits.h>
    to the sumversion.c file. Once I did it worked perfectly. If anyone knows the people who maintain it, they should probably be alerted :). Please Mark as Solved.

Thanks for the Help,

~ Dan