compile php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by alja, Jul 21, 2007.

1. alja

alja New Member

Hi, I am having problems with the installation because of my VPS resources I have 256 burstable RAM and seems this is not enough to compile php because the installation always hangs in the php compilation with a memory reading error.

I ask my vps support and they said "You can compile it on another computer and build packages of php. Then copying these packages to the vps and install"
    but I have not enough knowledge of linux to achive this so could anyone help me out or guide me to succesfully install ispconfig?

Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not compile the ISPConfig PHP on another computer and then copy it, as the compilation is a step in the setup process of ISPConfig.

3. alja

alja New Member

Thanks Till..... is there a possible way to install ispconfig with 256m Ram?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you allowed to add a swap file to get more "RAM" for your application. 256 MB RAM without the possibility to use e.g. a swap file or partition is not enough to compile PHP and without being able to compile php, you will not be able to install ISPConfig.

It might be possible to install ISPConfig on a similar configured external system and then copy all changed and added files to the VPS, but I'am not sure if this is a solution for you as you would need really good linux knowlesge for this.