Complete removal of ISPConfig 3?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nickmman, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Nickmman

Nickmman New Member

Hello. I install ISPConfig 3 to try it out on my personal laptop a few days a go, and have used the features provided by ISPConfig. However, I want to remove it from my personal laptop COMPLETELY, which includes the firewall. Before installing ISPConfig 3, I could access my webserver via IPv6, through a FQDN, but after installing ISPConfig 3, I cannot. Additionally, before installing ISPConfig 3, my download speeds reached 250KB/s, but after installing ISPConfig 3, my download speeds barely reach 50KB/s. I would like to know how I can fix these issues. I tried uninstalling ISPConfig 3 using
    Code:
    php -q uninstall.php
    but it hasn't worked completely, even though it says the uninstallation has finished. Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The uninstall of ispconfig is finished. The firewall is the bastille-bastille, so the firewall is not affected from uninstalling ispconfig. To stop the firewall, just run:

/etc/init.d/bastille-firewall stop

and to remove it completely run:

update-rc.d -f bastille-firewall remove

on Debian or Ubuntu. The command to remove a service differs for other linux distributions.

ISPConfig is server control panel, it is not made for desktop systems and it is not intended to be installed on a laptop.

3. Nickmman

Nickmman New Member

Thanks for your reply till, the firewall removal worked. However, how do I go about fixing my download speed problem? And I'm assuming that my upload is affected as well.

P.S.: I knew that ISPConfig was for servers, but I do not have at my disposal a server for me to install ISPConfig on, and my laptop can't handle any VM's.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Try to reboot the laptop. ISPConfig has no modules that interfere with network connections in any kind except of the firewall.