comprehensive howto?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tianshiz, Aug 20, 2010.

1. tianshiz

tianshiz New Member

Hi all,

I just finished install ispconfig, and theres a lot on there that i'm a little unclear about. Is there a comprehensive guide to using it?

I just created a new website under the "Sites" tab, a site with a fake domain name so i could enable ftp accounts temporarily. However i do not see anyway of editing or deleting this site i made? Do i simply remove the folder for the site i created(in /var/www)?

thanks,

tianshiz

2. Mark_NL

Mark_NL Member

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I'm in the process of writing a manual for ISPConfig 3. :)

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig 3 manual is finally available (in PDF format)!

On nearly 300 pages, it covers the concept behind ISPConfig (admin, resellers, clients), explains how to install and update ISPConfig 3, includes a reference for all forms and form fields in ISPConfig together with examples of valid inputs, and provides tutorials for the most common tasks in ISPConfig 3. It also lines out how to make your server more secure and comes with a troubleshooting section at the end.

Version 1.0 for ISPConfig 3.0.3 (Date: 09/30/2010)
    Author: Falko Timme <[email protected]>
    299 pages

The manual can be downloaded from these two links:

http://www.ispconfig.org/ispconfig-3/ispconfig-3-manual/
    http://www.howtoforge.com/download-the-ispconfig-3-manual

Now the bad news: we can’t offer it for free. But it will be available for as low as 5 EUR per copy – we think this price is more than fair for a manual with nearly 300 pages.

Why Do We Charge For The ISPConfig 3 Manual?

We hope that this will allow us to employ an additional full-time ISPConfig developer who can disburden the core team. This would accelerate ISPConfig development a lot and also allow us to provide more support for ISPConfig users.