Config password change on remote host

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by nelchael81, Apr 19, 2021.

1. nelchael81

nelchael81 Member

A customer requested a customized version of roundcube. I installed it in a separate VPS.
    How can I enable the password change on the new roundcube?

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What do you mean with password change? The Roundcube plugins to integrate with ISPConfig?

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The roundcube plugins use the ispconfig remote api, and require a lot more access than a customer should have - ensure they cannot read the roundcube config files.

4. nelchael81

nelchael81 Member

the customer only has access to the roundcube webmail.

5. nelchael81

nelchael81 Member

In the main server I have installed ispconfig and roundcube with the ispconfig plugins. Among the installed ispconfig plugins there is the one for changing the password, and it works normally.
    In the second server I have only roundcube installed, and customers can access, through roundcube, the emails present in the first server.
    I also installed a plugin to change the password there, it's not the ispconfig plugin, it's the one that comes with roundcube. If necessary, I can also install the ispconfig plugin there.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to install the ISPConfig RoundCube plugin, the one that ships with RoundCube has no built-in support for the ISPConfig API, so it can not work.

7. nelchael81

nelchael81 Member

Ok, so I'll configure the ispconfig plugin to interface with the remote server.
    Thank you.

8. nelchael81

nelchael81 Member

Ok, I have installed the ispconfig plugins on the new server.
    I had to add the ip address of the new server in the "Remote Access IPs / Hostnames" field in the remote user configuration panel.
    I cloned ispconfig_account/config/config.inc.php on the new server, only changing the hostname.
    The password change works perfectly. Thank's.

till likes this.