Config punycode for email

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Oct 3, 2013.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello

I try to use the config to configure email boxes with Punycode technologies.
    Is that ISPConfig 3 should be updated?
    Thank you for your help for your answers.
    Regards
    Mz;)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Punicode works fine in ispconfig, for websites, email and dns. You can enter IDN domains also in native charset if you have have the php IDN extension installed.

3. misterm

Till or Falko, hello my friends in the community.

Again, I have a problem, have you had this problem?

We will say no, in the sense that in your language, German, is in no accents é, è, à, ï, ô, etc. ....

But it mandatory configuration, the credentials in outlook on this issue?

Sincerely, thank you for your help friends

Michel:confused:;);)

4. till

Punicode supports all kinds of characters and accents and it works fine in ispconfig. In German we have also umlauts which are similar to accented chars btw.

Domain name in national charset: eé.de
    Punicode representation of the domain: xn--e-bga.de

so you see, there is a punicode version of all kind of national chars and accents.

enter "xn--e-bga.de" into the email domain field and press save, thats all to activate your first punicode domain in ispconfig.

5. misterm

Ok Till, the Outlook config is how, because as I break the issue is not you answer me all that I ask ...

If you like it

Michel ;);););)

6. till

Do you know what punicode is? Punicode is a encoded notation of domain names with national characters that uses only ascii chars, the conversion is done done e.g. in the web browser. Technically, all programs use the punicode notation: xn--e-bga.de internally and you use this notation also to create mailboxes, websites etc. as thats the way a domain with national chars is stored on config files for apache, postfix, bind etc.

7. misterm

Do not get angry, get angry Till
    I understand the principle Till, but what I want is to run this principle punicode coding.
    For example, in Mail (Mac OS X) identification works fine, no problem, but when we go to Outlook 2011, it works more, nothing works, I need to explain.
    Is in receipt of a message, as Mail for example, when I respond to this message, the email is encoded punicode instead of seeing light, normal, why did not you like this go-électronique.com and I was like that xn--go-lectronique-dkb.com

Voila, all my intérogations Till, if it would not, I will not bother you with all this.

Michel ;);)

8. till

Like I explained above, punicode encoding is applied by the client (in your case the mac os x mail client or outlook). The encoding is not changed or applied by the server or ispconfig.

So iyou have a problem that outlook and not ispconfig as outlook is displaying punicode characters wrong. You can e.g. seach the microsoft knowlege base if they released a bugfix for that already or if there are any known workarounds or windows registry changes or contact the microsoft support to get help with your issue.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  9. misterm

Till

As you suggest me:

I just do a search with the word "Punicode" is if you look in the French part of the site microsoft support, I find no problem, but there a problem ...

http://search.microsoft.com/fr-fr/supportresults.aspx?form=mssupport&q=punicode

I'll look at it later, if I find, I would know, unless you, you have already found the problem ....

Michel :D:D;);)