Configuration problems

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by glt50, Jul 28, 2006.

1. glt50

glt50 New Member

Hi

I am looking for help with my Debian system but I do not know if it is a Debian or Apache2 configuration error.

I have installed Sarge Debian using The Perfect Setup for Debian Sarge 3.1 by Falko.

I have an ADSL modem using a static TCP/IP address to the outside world and a xxx.com registered URL to that IP address.

My Debian box is on a 192.168.xxx.xxx network settings. My windows laptops and debian server have assigned 192.168.xxx.xxx addresses. My windows laptops use the interent with no trouble and my debian server can ping the outside world.

My problem is that from another computer on the internet (my work internet connection) cannot ping my xxx.com URL or ping the actual TCP/IP address. Consequently, I cannot setup a webpage for xxx.com to be viewed over the internet.

My first question: Is this a debian configuration error?
    Second question: If not, could this be a Apache2 configuation error.
    Third question: Is there a process I can run to alert me to an configuration errors not associated with my Debian or Apache2 setups?

Thankx in advance.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Pings have nothing to do with Apache. It sounds like your router is blocking pings. Also, did you forward port 80 from your router to your Debian server?
    Please check your router's firewall.