ConfigurationUpdate

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by confighelp, Oct 29, 2007.

1. confighelp

confighelp New Member

How to solve this problem "The system is currently updating the configuration files". New email user works after 3 to 4 hours. Is there any way we can update the configuration file manually?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What is your system load and how many users do you have currently? Even on systems with high load and a few thousands accounts, the update does not taje longer then 2-3 minutes.

3. confighelp

confighelp New Member

The server has 2300 users with P4 2.4GHZ processor and 512MB RAM. How to check what is the problem and how to solve it. New user's created is not working. But old users are working fine.

4. till

And what is the current system load that is shown if you execute the "uptime" command?

5. confighelp

confighelp New Member

system load is less then 1

6. till

Then the update should not take that long. Are the 2400 users on one site or on different sites? Do you get any errors in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/ispconfig.log ?

7. confighelp

confighelp New Member

All the 2400 users are under one site. There is no error in ispconfig.log file.The new users created from Control panel can use email using POP3/SMTP email client but they cannot login to webmail or /mailuser control panel. Old users has no problem. I have checked /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and found users exist there. Is there anyway i can find where is the problem?

8. till

I guess the problem is that ISPConfig checks / updates all users of a website when you update one user. Either you live with the time lack or you will have to look at the ISPConfig code if this can be changed for your setup type.

ISPConfig 3 uses another setup type where this problem doe not exist anymore.