Configure ISPConfig for multiple server administration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by morktadela, Sep 15, 2014.

1. morktadela

morktadela New Member

Hi,

thanks in advance.

I don't found any related post to this question.
    I have almost 6 VPS/Dedicated servers. I'm admin this servers for different clients, we can talk that i'm managing their servers. Every server are one complete installation with mail/web/etc.. installed in server with Ubuntu 12.02, nginx, mysql, postfix, etc ....
    All servers have ISPConfig 3 installed and I need to login to every server every time that one or other client call me to do change.

My question is: there is any way to install/configure one ISPConfig to manage all separate/independent servers? Maybe use System tab to change from one to other server.

Thanks
    Victor

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, you can manage as many servers from one controlpanel instance as you like. But this has to be during installation of the servers. You can not join multiple single servers afterwards as they have conflicting ID's in their database (e.g. 5x webID 1 while the webID has to be unique for a multiserver setup.

3. morktadela

morktadela New Member

Hi Till,

thanks you, do you know any place when i can change this?
    Table names, php, etc

I could try an installation of to new servers and change the ids in correct places to make this work.

And write tutorial to do this :)

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You cant change this reliably without reinstallation as these ID's are used in the database, all system users, paths and config files created by ispconfig on your server.