Configure Web Server and E-mail Server on ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex M, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Alex M

Alex M Member

Hello everyone, ask for information / help, I have a small home web / mail server with ISPConfig installed. I would like to manage the i of my domain with ISPConfig, only not having a static public ip to use a DDNS set on my domain as CNAME record. When I look for the site with the address it resolves it correctly, but the records set on ISPConfig are not resolved and I need email to work. Thanks to those who can give me a hand.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My signature has link to e-mail setup tutorial. You may stumble on the port 25 part.
    Web server should work.

3. Alex M

Alex M Member

Thanks, do I watch them, even with DDNS?

4. Taleman

I do not understand that question.

5. Alex M

Alex M Member

Not having a public ip I am using a DDNS with NO-IP and I wanted to know if the tutorials you attached in the signature also work with DDNS

6. Taleman

They should if you apply them a bit. Does your Dynamic DNA allow setting MX record? Reverse DNS probably is not possible, so other e-mail servers may not accept e-mails from your server.
    Examine the ISPConfig manual and threads on this forum about setting up e-mail Routing, if you really want to user your home server as e-mail server.

7. Alex M

Alex M Member

oh
    Ok thanks, yes No-Ip should give me the option to set MX records

8. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If your port 25 is closed, use a relay if you want to run a mail server.

9. Alex M

Alex M Member

No I have opened port 25 on the router

10. ahrasis

No on your router my dear, on your dynamic public ip which is provided by your ISP as it is normally closed in port 25.

11. Alex M

Alex M Member

But as I said I am using a DDNS service since I don't have a static public ip

12. ahrasis

I guess you don't understand what @Taleman and I were trying to say about mail server requirement for port 25 and ISP which provides that dynamic ip most probably won't have it opened either.

I also think you should ask a human translator with server knowledge to explain this to you instead.