configuring from soyoustart....

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by fluiz, Feb 17, 2015.

1. fluiz

fluiz New Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello all...

recently bought a server in SYS (soyoustart) and installed the system ready with -ISPconfig 3.0.5.4 (Debian 7) (64bit) -. I have my domains (in namecheap) and would like to know if anyone has any specific tutorial to continue configuring the ispconfig from that installation of SYS ....

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig installation is only OS specific and not hoster specific. So the Debian 7 perfect server tutorials should work with any hoster.

The next step after installing your server is to point your domains at godaddy to your server. There yu have to decide if you want to run your own dns server or if you want to use the nameserver from godaddy for the beginning.

fluiz likes this.
  3. fluiz

i will run my own dns server... and i m using soyoustart to hosting and namecheap to domains.

4. till

Then you will have to add a dns zone in ispconfig as a first step, thats described in the ispconfig manua, you can download it here from howtoforge as subscriber. Then you have to delegate the dns service to your own dns server at namecheap. If your nameservers are subdomain of the same zone, then dont forget to add a-recrds for the ns records in the zone.

fluiz likes this.
  5. fluiz

i will do that...
    but initially, I wonder, as the ispconfig came already installed on the server, I would have perform some configuration via terminal?

6. till

If your ISP installed ispconfig correctly, then there is nothing to do in the terminal.

fluiz likes this.
  7. fluiz

bizarre, because I've set the dns in isp and did not work...
    in the isp I've set ns1.domain.net and ns2.domain.net to the ip that soyoustart passed me.

the weird is, that i added two sites. one work, the another not...

8. till

If the dns in ispconfig does not work, then there is either an installation problem of the base installation of your server or you did not add all required dns records. Whci exact errors do you get in the syslog file for the BIND / named daemon for that domain?

9. fluiz

i'm sorry, the error was mine. error in isp configuration. i'm feeling like idiot now.
    well, now the dns are working. i'm with another doubts but i will open new posts to each type of doubts. thankyou again