configuring ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by guidovanh, Feb 27, 2006.

1. guidovanh

guidovanh Member

When installing and configuring ISPConfig, after entering the MySQL information, the setup asks me for the IP address of the ISPConfig Web?
    I think I have to enter here the IP address of my Linux machine (192.168.2.100).

Yesterday I entered the wrong MySQL password, so the setup halted.
    I resetted the password, I deleted the directory install_ispconfig, I unpacked the tarball again and I ran ./setup again.
    It seems the setup goes faster than it did yesterday.

I wonder that the setup didn't ask me to enter the above mentioned MySQL server, -user and -password and the other questions.
    I see a lot of warnings on my screen, but I do not know if they are important for me.
    A short time later, the setup halted and I returned to the prompt.
    I do not know what to do now.

I think ISPConfig is currently not installed and configured correctly.
    Who can help me? (If needed, I can copy some output of the screen).

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, use your server IP.

You have to remove the directories:

/root/ispconfig
    /home/admispconfig

and then run the setup again. If these directories exist the installer tries to update your unfinished installation.

3. guidovanh

guidovanh Member

Ok, setup now ran without any problem.

In my manual is described how to edit /etc/fstab.
    When I open /etc/fstab, there is no line in which the directory /home is mentioned.
    Where do I have to add the words usrquota and grpquota?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  4. till

Please post the content of /etc/fstab.

5. guidovanh

guidovanh Member

Here's the content:
    Code:
    /dev/hda2            /                    reiserfs   acl,user_xattr        1 1
    /dev/hda1            swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
    usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
    /dev/cdrom           /media/cdrom         subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    /dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
    none                 /subdomain       subdomainfs noauto         0 0

6. till

As you dont have a separate /home or /var partition, you will have to add the usrquota and grpquota to your / partition. But you might get problems with that because reiserfs is known to make problems when you use quota.

If this server is only for your home use, you should consider not adding quota at all.

If you want to add quota, you can try it like this:

Code:
    /dev/hda2            /                    reiserfs   acl,user_xattr,usrquota,grpquota        1 1
    /dev/hda1            swap                 swap       defaults              0 0
    proc                 /proc                proc       defaults              0 0
    sysfs                /sys                 sysfs      noauto                0 0
    usbfs                /proc/bus/usb        usbfs      noauto                0 0
    devpts               /dev/pts             devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
    /dev/cdrom           /media/cdrom         subfs      noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
    /dev/fd0             /media/floppy        subfs      noauto,fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
    none                 /subdomain       subdomainfs noauto         0 0

7. guidovanh

guidovanh Member

My server is only for home and SOHO use. So I think I'm not using quota.

Thanks for helping.