Configuring mail after ISPConfig is installed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by munkey, Jan 16, 2015.

1. munkey

munkey New Member

Hi,
    I installed ispconfig successfully thinking that I'd never need email so I didn't install the packages and omitted it from the ispconfig install. Now I'm wanting to host some email services.

My question is can I make ispcionfig write the necessary config files and do what ever it needs to integrate mail with it, without having to wipe my server and start over?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Install the mail packages as describe din the matching perfect server guide, then download the ispconfig.tar.gz, unpack it and run the update.php script in the install folder. choose to reconfigure services during update.

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

and configure the server as a mail-server. ;)

till likes this.
  4. munkey

munkey New Member

Thanks for the replies,

It appears to have mostly configured everything. When starting dovecot it complains that it cannot find /etc/postfix/smptd.cert and /etc/postfix/smptd.key and then shuts down again. Any ideas how to generate these keyfiles?

EDIT: Generated a keyfile and now dovecot starts & and I can connect with an email client, however I am unable to send or receive messages. I am getting theses in the mail queue log:

Sending from my server:
    29BF51D00ED5 649 Fri Jan 16 14:09:06 [email protected]
    (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)
    [email protected]

Sending to my server:
    39E7F1D00ED2 1717 Fri Jan 16 14:06:04 [email protected]
    (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused)
    [email protected]

Any ideas to why its being refused?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Is amavis configured and running?

6. munkey

munkey New Member

All works, cheers.

amavis didn't like the systems hostname for some reason so was failing on that, manually set it to something else and it started fine.