Confused about creating subdomains

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Arkymedes, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Arkymedes

Arkymedes New Member

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to properly create subdomains so this is what I did so far:

1. Sites -> Subdomain for website -> Add New Subdomain -> Insert "subdomain" as Host, attach to the proper domain that this subdomain belongs to using the drop down menu, Redirect Type set to "L", Redirect Path to /subdomain/ and checked the box "Active" -> Save
    2. DNS -> Zones -> Records -> Create a type A zone record -> Hostname set to "subdomain" and select proper IP from the "suggested" box.
    3. FTP using the client credentials and created /web/subdomain/ where the website is installed. By the way, it's a default WordPress installation.
    4. Typed http://subdomain.domain.tld into my browser and went to the page no problem, so everything works right?
    The problem is that the error log start filling up with the following:
    Code:
    [Thu Jul 30 14:52:53 2015] [error] [client xxx.xx.xx.xx] Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Millions of those.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Arky

2. Arkymedes

Arkymedes New Member

Anyone? :(