Confused about /etc/rspamd/local.d/users files

Discussion in 'General' started by TonyG, May 3, 2022.

1. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

Please ref the config files below. There are two .conf files for my personal email account that have the same setting ID "ispc_mail_user_15". One of these shows rcpt="tony@" and the other is for rcpt="tony.001@". There is no "tony.001@" mailbox or alias. There are many aliases for "tony@". The "tony@" mailbox and all aliases have greylist checked in the ISPConfig UI, but the "tony.001@" record below shows greylist is null/disabled. The mailbox and all aliases use the Normal spam filter policy, which is defined to trigger greylisting at a score of 4. I don't see any related detail that disables greylisting.

I don't think I've ever created/deleted a "tony.001@" address or alias. If I did then this record was not deleted with that address. Bug?

I've read in older notes here that aliases use the domain policy, not the target mailbox policy. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore since aliases have their own policy setting. The domain policy is Normal, for greylisting at 4.0. So even this doesn't explain the extra record with greylisting disabled.

Am I correct that these are two competing config files?
    Can we regenerate this folder? OR should I just delete anomalous files like this?
    If this is valid, I'm hoping someone will explain what's happening.
    Thanks!

Code:
    /etc/rspamd/local.d/users/tony.001_foo.com.conf
    ::::::::::::::
    ispc_mail_user_15 {
            priority = 20;
            rcpt = "[email protected]";
            apply {
                 CLAM_VIRUS = 1010;
                 JUST_EICAR = 1010;
                 actions {
                    "rewrite subject" =  6;
                    reject = 10;
                    greylist = null;
                }
            }

}
    /etc/rspamd/local.d/users/tony_foo.com.conf
    ispc_mail_user_15 {
            priority = 20;
            rcpt = "[email protected]";

apply {
                 CLAM_VIRUS = 1010;
                 JUST_EICAR = 1010;
                 actions {
                    "rewrite subject" =  6;
                    reject = 10;
                    greylist = 4;
                }
            }
    }

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several scenarios where settings files get abandoned, it is safe to delete the old cruft. There was cleanup written for those at a point but either it's in a MR that's not included in your version or you had a case which wasn't caught (my guess is the latter).

The connection between the greylisting setting in a mailbox UI and the setting created for rspamd is not ideal, see https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/6150

TonyG likes this.