Confused..

Discussion in 'General' started by mayhem, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mayhem

mayhem New Member

Hi, im not sure that ISPconfig is what i was looking for, maybe someone could help me out here.
    I want something thats a little easyer than editing alot of config files manualy.

I would like to be able to add a user to my box and at the same time add the user to my:
    Proftpd (with his own "incoming" upload dir, and 1 or 2 dirs with only read premissions (i have a mounted directory with music on it that i would like to share to some users)).
    Apache2 with his own virtual host (username.mydomain.com) where he can have his own homepage with upload rights and all that.
    BIND9 with his username as host (username.mydomain.com)

I thought ISPconfig could do all this for me, but i might be wrong, correct me if i am wrong, cause i havnt been reading ALL the information about it.

Maybe a script or some other web interface admin type thing.

Many thanks in advance //Marcus

Edit: would webmin work out better for me perhaps? Im willing to give that a try.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Generally, ISPConfig can do this. But be aware that ISPConfig uses its own directory strucrurem so you can not point the FTP user to a specvial directory, instead ISPConfig will create a new directory for the user. Also ISPConfig FTP directories are always readable.

3. mayhem

mayhem New Member

Ok, thanks for your answer, ill change to Webmin now i think.
    Been looking at its information all day and im pretty sure its more of what i need. :)

Unless someone else has another way? :rolleyes: