Confusion with ISPCONFIG 3 Postfix Amavis ClamAV Spamassasin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by muekno, Apr 3, 2015.

1. muekno

muekno Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm installing a new Cluster of ISPCONFIG Servers, with a separte ISPCONFIG Master, DNS1 and DNS2, SQL, MAIL and WEBSERVER. So f the Master, DNS1, DNS2, SQL are running. The Mailservre is runnng too. System is OpenSUSE 13.1, Installation is based on a mx of the ISPCONFIG 3 manual ant the Perfect Server tutorial for OpenSUSE 13.1.
    Got failures in the /var/log/mail file with ClamAV
    ----->
    #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd: No such file or directory
    2015-04-03T08:41:20.010486+02:00 smtp amavis[28862]: (28862-08) (!)connect to /var/run/clamav/clamd failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd: No such file or directory
    2015-04-03T08:41:20.012108+02:00 smtp amavis[28862]: (28862-08) (!)ClamAV-clamd: All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd, retrying (2)
    2015-04-03T08:41:26.015372+02:00 smtp amavis[28862]: (28862-08) (!)connect to /var/run/clamav/clamd failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd: No such file or directory
    2015-04-03T08:41:26.016822+02:00 smtp amavis[28862]: (28862-08) (!)ClamAV-clamd av-scanner FAILED: run_av error: Too many retries to talk to /var/run/clamav/clamd (All attempts (1) failed connecting to /var/run/clamav/clamd) at (eval 112) line 600.\n
    2015-04-03T08:41:26.018207+02:00 smtp amavis[28862]: (28862-08) (!)WARN: all primary virus scanners failed, considering backups
    ---->

Researching on the web and comparing to older installation there seams to be missing entries in master.cf sending mails to amavis on port 1024. Found this https://www.howtoforge.de/forum/threads/frage-zu-ispconfig-mit-spamassassin-clamav-amavis.380/ where ist notet some of these things are integrated in ISPCONFIG. On the other side as of the manual and the mentioned tutorial amavis-new spamassasin and clamav should be installed on the mail server. In older installations I used tutorials like this http://tutorials.section6.net/home/setting-up-postfix-spamassassin-amavisd-clamav to make virusscan working. ISPCONFIG has a lot of nice configuration for virus and malware scan, but I can't find where works, meaning which config files are touched.

Would be nice to have a clarification what does ISPCONFIG does an what to do manually by installation of the system. I'm shure to get virus scan working link in other system, but I will use the ISPCONFIG functions in the future and not disturbing ISPCONFIG by manualy modifying config files which ISPCONFIG modifies istself.

By the way there are some restriction in postfix, I like to use, but I can't find where to configure this in ISPCONFIG or do I disturb ISPCONFIG entering these manualli in main.cf. I.e. checking RBL listen, forceing FQDN names etc.

Thank you very much for clarifing this.

Rainer

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The complete installation is described in this tutorial:

https://www.howtoforge.com/the-perf...ith-apache2-mysql-php-postfix-and-ispconfig-3

there ard no additional steps or settings required.

Amavis is correctly integtrated in your server btw, this is shown in the messages that you posted above. your problem is that either clamd is not running or that clamd creates its socket in a wrong location so that amavis cant find it.

RBL's are configured in ISPConfig under System > Server config > mail

3. muekno

Thanks for your answer. I think I found the problem in the meantime /var/run/clamav hadowner root instead of vscan and I had to match the path in amavisd.conf with that in clamd.conf

Happy Easter

Rainer

4. muekno

5. muekno

Found complete URL in the notification mail. That's the tutorial I mentioned above I did use for the installation in conjunction with the ISPCONFIG manual. At least the owner of /var/run/clamav seams not to be set bey ISPCONFIG.
    beside the RBL list I normaly do some other restrictions in post, especially FQDN names and others, I can not configure in ISPCONFIG, at least I do not find it.

Tanks for your help