Connect failed to database (dbispconfig): Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost'

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tom, Jul 27, 2016.

1. tom

tom Member

I'm not sure how i did it. I changed /etc/mysql/my.conf add this
    Code:
    innodb_large_prefix=true
    innodb_file_format=barracuda
    innodb_file_per_table=true
    restartet mysql. After that the whole mail system does'nt work anymore.

I checked this files and the passwords are the same. I run the ispconfig update.php script. And i copied "samepassxxx" with myphpadmin to the usertable für mysql, but the password is shorter than the others.
    Code:
    /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php
    //** Database
    $conf['db_type'] = 'mysql';
    $conf['db_host'] = 'localhost';
    $conf['db_database'] = 'dbispconfig';
    $conf['db_user'] = 'ispconfig';
    $conf['db_password'] = 'samepassxxx';
    $conf['db_charset'] = 'utf8'; // same charset as html-charset - (HTML --> MYSQL: "utf-8" --> "utf8", "iso-8859-1" --> "latin1")
    $conf['db_new_link'] = false;
    $conf['db_client_flags'] = 0;

cat /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
    user = ispconfig
    password = samepassxxx
    dbname = dbispconfig
    And thins not connect with the mailsystem.

Any ideas how to fix that?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess your innodb file format was different before, so when you switch it to barracuda format now, it will break all existing databases. Undo your changes in my.cns and restart mysql to see if the file is still intact and works.

3. tom

tom Member

This I've tried allready but with now success.
    What about ispconfig an 'charset' => 'utf8mb4', 'collation' => 'utf8mb4_general_ci', innodb_file_format=barracuda, does it support that formats and work with it?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. tom

tom Member

I've set up a new debian server with ispconfig 3.1 and now i did not change innodb_large_prefix=true, innodb_file_format=barracuda, innodb_file_per_table=true etc. but some hours later a run into the same problem as befor:
    Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost'
    I'cant believe it and i don't understand, why? What going on there???
    Any ideas?

5. till

Are you still able to login wth other users to mysql?

6. tom

tom Member

yes i can and this is the strange situation. But now i found the fault. I had "skip-name-resolve" in my.cnf. I've i comment it out and restart mysql and postfix the strange behavior finished.

Now again: What about ispconfig an 'charset' => 'utf8mb4', 'collation' => 'utf8mb4_general_ci', innodb_file_format=barracuda, does it support that formats and work with it?

7. till

I have not tested that.

8. tom

tom Member

And still i don't understand why "skip-name-resolve" in my.cnf makes this strange things. I would like to have no name-resolve in mysql. Does it not work with ispconfig configuration?

9. tom

tom Member