connection disconnected during auto install of Ispconfig

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pawan, May 14, 2021.

1. pawan

pawan Member

I was using the auto install script.
    just when I get the prompt -
    Attention: When asked 'Configure database for phpmyadmin with dbconfig-common?' select 'NO'
    Due to a bug in dbconfig-common, this can't be automated.
    ===========================================================================================
    Press ENTER to continue...
    I couldn't hit enter, the connection to the server was lost.
    how I can resume the operation.

2. pawan

pawan Member

is there any possibility to re-initiate the installation?

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can simply run the script again. It is currently not possible to resume where you left. It can cause some issues when re-running, so it would be better to reinstall the OS and start the installer again.

4. pawan

pawan Member

okay Thanks. I installed fresh.
    after completion I get

The default ISPConfig Username is: admin
    and the Password is: admin
    but when I try to login - I am getting wrong username or password.
    how to fix that?

5. Th0m

Which script are you using? The official AI does not show this.

6. pawan

pawan Member

7. pawan

pawan Member

8. Th0m

The top of that guide states: "Warning: This install third party install script for ISPConfig is for ISPConfig 3.1 only, it is not compatible with the current ISPConfig 3.2. Using it to install ISPConfig 3.2 will result in a non-working setup. Use the official installation guides (Perfect server tutorials) instead to install your server or use the official ISPConfig auto-installer: https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/"
    I also refered to that new guide in my other comment earlier.

pawan and ahrasis like this.
  9. pawan

pawan Member

after fresh install of OS - I used the link you recommended, but after some processing I am getting the error:

[INFO] Installing packages dnsutils, resolvconf, clamav, clamav-daemon, clamav-docs, zip, unzip, bzip2, xz-utils, lzip, rar, arj, nomarch, lzop, cabextract, apt-listchanges, libnet-ldap-perl, libauthen-sasl-perl, daemon, libio-string-perl, libio-socket-ssl-perl, libnet-ident-perl, libnet-dns-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, bind9, spamassassin, rspamd, redis-server, postgrey
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Installing packages failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)

I tried to re-run the script like this:
    ./ispc3-ai.sh --debug --no-mailman
    and getting error like this:
    [ERROR] Exception occured: ISPConfigOSException -> Command while fuser /var/lib/dpkg/lock >/dev/null 2>&1 || fuser /var/lib/apt/lists/lock >/dev/null 2>&1 ; do sleep 2; done; DEBIAN_FRONTEND="noninteractive" apt-get dist-upgrade -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" -qq -y 2>&1 failed. (/ispconfig.ai.php:15)

10. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

I believe you can run with the --debug swtich to get more output, including the commands being run. If that doesn't show the error directly, copy the apt (apt-get?) command which failed and run it manually to see why.

11. pawan

pawan Member

I think already did that and posted the output.

12. Th0m

What is the output of
    Code:
    apt install dnsutils resolvconf clamav clamav-daemon clamav-docs zip unzip bzip2 xz-utils lzip rar arj nomarch lzop cabextract apt-listchanges libnet-ldap-perl libauthen-sasl-perl daemon libio-string-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ident-perl libnet-dns-perl libdbd-mysql-perl bind9 spamassassin rspamd redis-server postgrey

13. pawan

pawan Member

This is the output I am getting when I run the command you suggested.
    Code:
    Setting up resolvconf (1.79ubuntu10.18.04.3) ...
    resolvconf-pull-resolved.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.
    resolvconf-pull-resolved.service is a disabled or a static unit, not starting it.
    resolvconf.postinst: Error: Cannot replace the current /etc/resolv.conf with a symbolic link because it is immutable; to correct this problem, gain root privileges in a terminal and run 'chattr -i /etc/resolv.conf' and then 'dpkg --configure resolvconf'; aborting
    dpkg: error processing package resolvconf (--configure):
     installed resolvconf package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     resolvconf
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

14. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Did you set /etc/resolv.conf as immutable yourself, or did something else do that? The error message you pasted shows how to change that.