contact us page not sending emails

Discussion in 'General' started by ACDII, Dec 13, 2007.

1. ACDII

ACDII Member

I have a server running ISPconfig with our main web page for our company on it, there are a few pages where a form is filled out and an email is sent. We moved the site off a windows box where this worked fine, but now that the site is on a local machine with the same domain name as the website, if I try to send a message through the form it never reaches the recipient, instead it sits in the Exchange 2003 deferred queue. In main.cf I made a change to the domain name and shortened the domain name and added a DNS record on the Exchange server to fix a problem from it sending mail before under a different program, but I don't remember what it was for. If I switch it back to the full domain it sends it locally instead of to our exchange server, which of course fails since the mailbox user doesn't exist locally. What can I do so that any and all mail sent on this box goes to the Exchange server? Also any idea on why the ones that are sent sit in deferred queue?

2. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

You should choose "external mailserver" within ISPConfig for the domain via the options tab. Not "local mailserver".

3. ACDII

ACDII Member

It is set to external. I eventually got the NDR for it this morning.
    [email protected] on 12/13/2007 6:13 PM
    A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator.
    <XXX.com #4.4.6>

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Does your Exchange server forward the mails for nmserver.x.com back to the ISPConfig server? This would cause a mail loop.