Control Panel no longer accessible via https after update to 13p1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Ian Galang, May 29, 2019.

1. Ian Galang

Ian Galang New Member

Hi, noob here.
    ISPConfig 3.1.13p1 (due to the update command listed on the link below)
    Centos 7.5

Initially my goal was to enable LE on the control panel and mail. Tried to follow the guide on htf only followed up to this part:
    now on Chrome and IE when i go to httpS port 8080 I get this error
    This site can’t provide a secure connection
    hostname.domain.com sent an invalid response.

when i try via http on port 8080 on Chrome, the login screen comes up but when i enter credentials it resets back to login screen.

When i try via MS Edge browser, i am able to login and get into the control panel. I guess its a bit fine now but i'd like to know how to get https to work again.

This was what happened during the update:
    Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     _____ ___________   _____              __ _         ____
    |_   _/  ___| ___ \ /  __ \            / _(_)       /__  \
      | | \ `--.| |_/ / | /  \/ ___  _ __ | |_ _  __ _    _/ /
      | |  `--. \  __/  | |    / _ \| '_ \|  _| |/ _` |  |_ |
     _| |_/\__/ / |     | \__/\ (_) | | | | | | | (_| | ___\ \
     \___/\____/\_|      \____/\___/|_| |_|_| |_|\__, | \____/
                                                  __/ |
                                                 |___/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> Update

Operating System: CentOS 7.5

This application will update ISPConfig 3 on your server.

Shall the script create a ISPConfig backup in /var/backup/ now? (yes,no) [yes]: yes

Creating backup of "/usr/local/ispconfig" directory...
    Creating backup of "/etc" directory...
    Checking ISPConfig database .. OK
    Starting incremental database update.
    Loading SQL patch file: /tmp/update_stable.sh.6JefhuzS6m/ispconfig3_install/install/sql/incremental/upd_dev_collection.sql
    Reconfigure Permissions in master database? (yes,no) [no]:

Service 'dns_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it?  (yes,no) [no]: no

Service 'firewall_server' has been detected (currently disabled) do you want to enable and configure it?  (yes,no) [no]: no

Reconfigure Services? (yes,no,selected) [yes]: yes

Configuring Postfix
    Configuring Dovecot
    Configuring Spamassassin
    Configuring Amavisd
    Configuring Getmail
    Configuring Pureftpd
    Configuring Apache
    Configuring vlogger
    Configuring Apps vhost
    Configuring Jailkit
    Configuring Database
    Updating ISPConfig
    ISPConfig Port [8080]:

Create new ISPConfig SSL certificate (yes,no) [no]: yes

/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key: No such file or directory
    139840354563984:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:402:fopen('/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key','w')
    139840354563984:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:404:
    Error opening Private Key /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key
    140145314355088:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:402:fopen('/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key','r')
    140145314355088:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:404:
    unable to load Private Key
    139818818901904:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:402:fopen('/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key','r')
    139818818901904:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:404:
    139684803418000:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:402:fopen('/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key','r')
    139684803418000:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:404:
    PHP Warning:  rename(/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key.insecure,/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key): No such file or directory in /tmp/update_stable.sh.6JefhuzS6m/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 2185

Reconfigure Crontab? (yes,no) [yes]:

Updating Crontab
    no crontab for getmail
    Restarting services ...
    Update finished.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if you did not create a website for the server hostname and enabled SSL and LE successfully for it at the time you followed the first tutorial which then caused the following commands to fail as you created symlinks to a non-existing SSL cert.

In the directory you have backup files of your first ssl cert, delete the symlinks you created and then rename the backups to the original file names and restart the web server.