control which clients can enable/disable vhosts

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Feb 20, 2023.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    is there any way to restrict the usage of the "active" button within the "website" form by client accounts?
    I've noticed that some client accounts can enable/disable their websites when they want but others cannot, and I haven't found any option to change this behaviour

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If an admin created the site, the client can not change settings. If the client created it themself, they can. To disable this "protection", go to System -> Main config > Client protection

3. tr909192

That setting is enabled, but I've noticed that at least one client account can enable and disable their sites even if created by admin, other accounts don't have this behaviour. Is there any easy way to debug this problem and find the issue?

4. Th0m

Check the permissions for that web in the database.

5. tr909192

please can you tell me which table and field to check? I just checked the differences between the records of 2 users in the `sys_user` table (one of the two is the misbehaving one) without noticing major differences

6. Th0m

web_domain, the fields sys_perm_user and sys_perm_group

7. tr909192

some user have sys_perm_user and sys_perm_group set to riud, others have sys_perm_user set to riud and sys_perm_group set to ru

another similar question: is there any way to hide/disable the "Disable sending" checkbox in the mailbox page for all the non-admin users?

8. tr909192

Hi, is there any news? This issue is still present today, after some updates in the past year, and it is becoming a problem

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

See post #2, you can enable or disable the client protection under System -> Main config > Client protection which controls if a client can change settings of his site that got created by the admin. There feature works fine here, we found no issues with that.

10. tr909192

See #3: even with Client Protection enabled we have users that can do nearly whatever they want with their services (particularly reenable mailboxes or web services that an admin have disabled)

11. Th0m

It doesn't matter if an admin disabled it or not, all that matters if the admin is the "owner" (and they are if they created it).

12. tr909192

But it is not working as you said. Suggestions on how can we debug this issue?

13. Th0m