Copy content filter files after migration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mysterytoy, Apr 17, 2024.

1. mysterytoy

mysterytoy New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Good morning,
    Thank you for all your help in the past. I just migrated my ispconfig3 from Centos 7.9 to Debian 12.5. I had a lot of email content filters that I would like to copy to the new server. Does anyone know where these filters are stored? Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How did you migrate that server?

3. mysterytoy

I used the migration tool for ispconfig3.

4. mysterytoy

I also used the tutorial to build the new machine and it's basically the same build but with different OS.

5. mysterytoy

It's posssible that the target server is using a different program for content filtering. I noticed Rspam on the target server and I don't remember that running on the source server. I guess I'll have to recreate my filters.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The filters are in Postfix, but the Migration Tool can not move them over yet. What you can try to do is this:

1) Login to phpmyadmin on the old server as mysql root user, go to the ispconfig database and export the data of the table "mail_content_filter". Export just the data as SQL and not the structure with phpmyadmin.
    2) Login to phpmyadmin on the new server, go to the dbispconfig database and import the data that you exported on the old system.
    3) The mail content filters shall show up in ISPConfig now. Create one new mail filter, this should trigger to get the filter file rewritten with all filters.

ahrasis likes this.