Copy of Sent Emails

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by mgbolts, Apr 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. mgbolts

mgbolts New Member

Hi,
    I need to keep copies of sent mails, particularly for email accts which are used by a remote SaaS server.
    I have tried the Send outgoing BCC, no success.
    I am guessing that Custom Rules will do the trick?
    An example of a rule that might work would be appreciated.
    Thanks Mark

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you enter a email adress in Send outgoing BCC, all outgoing emails will go to that adress.

3. mgbolts

mgbolts New Member

Thanks, these seems to work fine when composing a new email for a regular user emails. Unfortunately, when using a remote admin panel for a SaaS product (SMTP hook), emails sent with this email account do not get the bcc...

4. Th0m

Do they log in to your mail server, and if yes, are those settings correct? Or do they just send as seperate SMTP server?

5. mgbolts

mgbolts New Member

That is a great question. The product I have Using is nextcloud. I am trying to troubleshoot as some users are not getting their password reset emails. I have checked several registered nextcloud accounts of my own without issue. Userland is a different matter. I was trying to trace the email leaving my mail server...but there is nothing being saved in the sent mail, hence was just seeing if Sent mails could be copied to another email to monitor the issue.

According to nextcloud, it uses an external server only?
    https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/15/admin_manual/configuration_server/email_configuration.html
    Sorry to drag you down this rabbit warren, I was trying to stumble my way through this without being totally useless.

Cheers Mark

6. Th0m

How did you configure the email for Nextcloud? Does it log in to the account on the correct mailserver, or does it log in with a different account/server?

7. mgbolts

mgbolts New Member

The nextcloud server does appear to be signing in, which is consistent with their manual, the nextcloud config file (attached) and the mail server logfile (see below). I note that I have set the BCC attribute and checked sent mail....naught.

Please see below log for the ISPconfig mail server for a Nextcloud new user welcome email:
    Apr 16 11:46:17 mando postfix/smtpd[2224]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from unknown[10.21.0.1]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<box.XXXXX.com>
    Apr 16 11:46:17 mando postfix/smtpd[2224]: 7083A1002D8: client=unknown[10.21.0.1], sasl_method=LOGIN, [email protected]
    Apr 16 11:46:17 mando postfix/cleanup[2366]: 7083A1002D8: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Apr 16 11:46:17 mando postfix/qmgr[908]: 7083A1002D8: from=<[email protected]>, size=23820, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Apr 16 11:46:17 mando postfix/smtpd[2224]: disconnect from unknown[10.21.0.1] ehlo=1 auth=1 mail=1 rcpt=1 data=1 quit=1 commands=6

Thanks Mark

Attached Files:

8. Th0m

Does the email arrive in the gmail inbox?