copy to gmail address, not working

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, May 10, 2022.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello to all
    When I make a copy to or I activate this "Copy during delivery", it gives me a return message, saying that :
    The BCC function does not work at all, you have to update ?
    Version ISPConfig 3.2.7p1
    Mz

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Gmail classified this mail as Spam and rejected it for the reason, that's not a malfunction or failure of your system. In general, sending emails by BCC to Gmail is not a good idea, large providers like Gmail and Hotmail will likely classify this as Spam, as you see in your case and it might even lead to getting your IP blocked permanently to all mail deliveries to that provider, so you should try to avoid that if you want to be able to reach users on Gmail and Hotmail in future.

Check the mail.log file of your server when you send a message to see if there are any errors.

3. misterm

Hello
    I understand the situation, but it does not suit me at all.
    Other things, in the management of domain, it exists now that we can send to another system of sending.
    Just?
    Logically, if it is well configured that the case just now, all that send from the domain is via this system of sending would go normally, unfortunately not, normal?
    Mz

4. till

The functions in ISPConfig are working fine. But you have to keep in mind that you can't easily relay emails to other systems e.g. for domains that don't have your server in their spf record as permitted sender and there is also DMARC and DKIM which can cause relayed emails to be rejected or treated as Spam by the receiver. And Gmail does not care at all if it suits you or not that they reject your forwarded emails :)

5. misterm

You misunderstood me, I can tell you to this day that relays in transactional mode works well.
    On the other hand is that I want to come, for a simple sending, the transactional sending works perfectly, but when I make it from a copy to another email, address, the transactional sending, does not work

6. till

It depends on the receiver and the security and signing settings of the email 'from' address of the forwarded email if this works or if the receiver rejects the email. You can also try to set up SRS in postfix (e.g. with PostSRSd to improve the deliverability of forwarded emails.

7. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

There is no satisfactory solution, at a technical level. This very issue was discussed on mailop this last week (the thread is probably still running) and the best practice would be instead of forwarding a copy of mail directly to gmail, forward it to a dedicated mailbox, then setup gmail to fetch mail from that mailbox via pop3.

8. misterm

I agree with this solution, but my client will not agree with this procedure, because he will tell me to find another solution or tell me why it bugs on ISPConfig is think since the depard why it works is since this policy (gmail) it works more.

9. till

This is a Gmail issue and not an ISPConfig issue. He will get the same problem with any other software or server as well when forwarding to Gmail. And that it worked before and is not working anymore is probably caused by changes in Gmail's email receiving policy.

10. misterm

Ok, I understand the situation, but well, the only tutorial that could work with ISPConfig is this:
    Mz