Couple of ISPconfig/Perfect Server general questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Heeter, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Heeter

Heeter Member

Hi ,

I am wondering how to setup a couple of things.

1: I am setting up my own website promoting webhosting, do I put the webfiles for my site OUTSIDE ispconfig, or do I upload it into ISPconfig?

2: If I mod the apache2 httpd.conf file outside ISPconfig for my own use, will it screwup the ISPconfig setup? I would need to mod the file to authenticate the phpmyadmin folder.

3: My present webserver is Windows2003, apache2, php5, mysql5.0, squirrelmail,

4: I should just be able to ftp upload the webfiles, upload a mysql dump into my perfect server setup outside ISPconfig, will it affect anything within ISPconfig?

I do have a few more questions, But at least I am finally at the point I can start to move away from the Windows setup. I just want to do it properly.

Thanks

Heeter

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) You create a website in ISPConfig and then upload the files with FTP.
    2) I guess it is not nescessary to modify httpd.conf file for phpmyadmin authentication. Take a look at the phpmyadmin configuration file for the different options of authentication.
    4) If you do it properly then not. Take a look at the ispconfig first steps guide.

3. Heeter

Heeter Member

Thanks Till,

I do have a website promoting webhosting already in use, through a windows server, that I am moving into my ispconfig setup.

I guess I have to create myself as a client within ispconfig, even though I am admin?

I printed the ISPconfig manual to have by my side as I setup ispconfig. Cannot seem to find the "First Steps" guide.

Thanks

Heeter
    ________
    Smoking Kills

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. Heeter

Heeter Member

I went ahead and created a client and site for myself.

I uploaded the webfiles over to that.

Looks like it will be fine.

Thanks

Heeter
    ________
    VOLVO XC90 SPECIFICATIONS

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

6. Heeter

Heeter Member