courier-pop3 and ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ozonblue, Sep 4, 2006.

1. ozonblue

ozonblue New Member

Hi.

I'm running ispconfig on Debian sarge according to the perfect setup guide and I'm getting "courierpop3login: LOGIN FAILED" when trying to retrieve email.

I'm using Mozilla mail client to retreive mail for example. Im specifying the username excluding the domain name (i.e. web5_username instead of [email protected]) to login in from the client. I can also see that the mail has been delivered to the right directory by postfix.

I'm not sure whether one *has to* follow the instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier_p2 for courier-pop3 to work with ISPconfig - but I didn't do that.

According to my understanding it should work out of the box with ISPconfig.

I'm guessing that the problem may be with courier-pop3d configuration. How must it be configured to work with the ispconfig and postfix ?

kind regards,

Eugene Coetzee

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These steps are not nescessary.

Yes.

There is no special configuration needed. courier must authenticate agains pam or shadow as ISPConfig uses linux system users. This configuration is the default in debian.

Please check if ISPConfig has added the user to /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow properly. Did you enable Maildir in ISPConfig under management > server > settings on the mail tab?

3. ozonblue

ozonblue New Member

Thanx for the help.

Everything is fine now - somebody switched off the courier-authdaemon :-(