cPanel Accounts To ISPCONFIG

Discussion in 'General' started by zsi, Sep 6, 2019.

?

Can an alternative to cPanel be?

1. I dont no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, of course.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bilmiyorum.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Evet.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zsi

zsi New Member

Hello there,
    Adding the ability to transfer all cPanel accounts to the isp config system at one time can make the control panel more convenient.
    Also, if users can select the php version settings themselves via the control panel, this will increase the possibility of using the control panel.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This has been implemented already in the ISPConfig Migration Tool. The new version is currently in closed bet tests and will get released soon.

Users can do that already. You just have to take care that you granted them the permission to change these settings by either let them create the site themselves or by using the login as user function as admin to create the site for the user.

zsi likes this.
  3. zsi

zsi New Member

When I checked the demo connections, I asked because I couldn't see such a feature, for example, I didn't see a feature such as automatically migrating cPanel accounts or uploading a received cPanel backup.

In fact, the reason I sent you this article is because I offer free hosting to students and I use cPanel. However, license prices in cPanel are quite high in recent days. Rising license prices are also a problem.

I'm looking for a completely open source alternative, I've tried the Centos Web Panel system before, but there were many problems with the HTTP 500 errors and the misconfiguration of the configuration files.

I will now test the ispconfig system, thank you for information.

4. adammazin

adammazin New Member

hi till, i did migrate from cpanel to ispconfig and success to migrate all accounts successfully, let me know if i can help, my way is bit complicated but all with shell scripts for files, databases, subdomains, emails accounts, and even db passwords. my only problem i cant decrypt email account passwords so we randomize them and send it to our customers.
    i like ispconfig alot and wish to find a way to help :)

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you test just copying the hash to ISPConfig's mail_user table?

6. adammazin

adammazin New Member

no really, i will do and let you know