create database from control panel

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by gianni, Feb 1, 2014.

1. gianni

gianni New Member

Hi,
    i have a problem with isp control panel.
    I have create a database user and a database, but i can't connect to this from browser. The user and the password isn't correct.
    Instead via ssh i can see the new database.

Any suggestion for resolve the problem?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

does the root login trough phpmyadmin work?

3. gianni

gianni New Member

Unfortunately not.
    In phpmyadmin i try to input root login and user database login, but neither one works.
    But if i connect via ssh to mysql i can see the database that i create from ispconfig.

4. anhlqn

anhlqn New Member

Which ISPConfig version did you install? and which OS?

You may have the same issue as I do with phpmyadmin

5. till

ok, so your issue is not related to ispconfig, you have just a problem with your phpmyadmin installation. Try to reinstall phpmyadmin.

6. gianni

gianni New Member

@anhlqn ISPConfig 3 o Unbuntu 12.04.

@till I have already try to reinstall phpmyadmin. I think I do something wrong.

This is user and host of databases. C1admin is the user that i create from ispconfig. Why there is a % in host? Is it normal?

+------------------+-----------+
    | User | Host |
    | root | localhost |
    | root | vpsxxxxx |
    | root | 127.0.0.1 |
    | root | ::1 |
    | | vpsxxxxx |
    | debian-sys-maint | localhost |
    | ispconfig | localhost |
    | c1admin | localhost |
    | c1admin | % |

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  7. anhlqn

anhlqn New Member

% means that you can login with c1admin from any hosts, assuming that you have comment out the "bind 127.0.0.11" in my.cnf.

If it is a clean installation of ISPConfig with local mysql server, then you may try to do this:

Code:
    cat /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.sample.inc.php > /var/lib/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
    service apache2 restart
    then try to login again.

Just to make sure, if you try to login and get this error
    then I think the fix above will work. phpmyadmin in my Debian wheezy server looks for the config.inc.php file in /var/lib/phpmyadmin, even though the document says that we can adjust the configuration in /etc/phpmyadmin or /usr/share/phpmyadmin.
    By default, /var/lib/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php is a blank file

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  8. gianni

gianni New Member

Thank you anhlqn! Now it works!!

9. anhlqn

anhlqn New Member

Glad it helps :). I think this should be noted in the ISPConfig on Debian Wheezy setup guide on howtoforge even though it has nothing to do with ISPConfig.

10. till

I would add it to the guide, but I must admit that even if I install servers with this guide daily, I never had a failed phpmyadmin on a server that was installed with this guide. So I dont think that there is something missing.

11. anhlqn

anhlqn New Member

I have installed using this guide on 6 servers, and phpmyadmin all failed. Maybe that was because my mysql servers were not localhost. I also tried modifying the config file (config.inc.php, db-config.conf) in /etc/phpmyadmin and /usr/share/phpmyadmin, but I still got the error:
    Code:
    #2002 Cannot log in to the MySQL server
    I have never had such issue with phpmyadmin on CentOS.

12. till

Ok, so you did not follow the guide and that explains why your installs dont work. The guide instructs you to install mysql on localhost.