create package

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by pjdevries, May 2, 2007.

1. pjdevries

pjdevries Member

I want to create an up to date phpMyAdmin package and, if succesfull, also an up to date RoundCube package. On first glance it seems to be as easy as:
    1. download and unzip the current package (phpmyadmin-2.9.1.pkg)
    2. replace phpmyadmin.tar.gz with the most recent version (phpMyAdmin 2.10.1)
    3. create a new zip file with the name phpMyAdmin-2.10.1.pkg
    On second glance however, the 2.9.1 package contains the file config.inc.php whereas phpMyAdmin02.10.1.tar.gz contains the file config.sample.inc.php. So my question is: can I just rename the sample file (I guess not) or do I have to modify it and if so, which settings are important? I'm not a phpMyAdmin guru and the config file is quite large, so any assistance is very welcome.

On third glance I found something odd in the package.ins file of the current phpMyAdmin-2.9.1.pkg. I see a number of references to user and group 'adm42go', which don't exist on my system. My guess is that this user and group should be 'admispconfig'. I haven't seen any complaints in the forum, but I can't help wondering how the package could ever install correctly. Some clarification is highly appreciated.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@ pjdevries,

I've received your mail with the new phpmyadmin package attached.

Thanks for creating the new phpmyadmin 2.10.1 package for ISPConfig!
    I've tested it on my testserver and everything looks fine. :)
    See my email for further instructions.

Last edited: May 6, 2007
  4. pjdevries

pjdevries Member

Thanks for the effort to take an initial test drive with the new package Hans. It's nice to hear that you could install it and run phpMyAdmin 2.10.1 without any noticeable problems. As you suggested I sent tha new package to Till for further testing and possible publication in the downloads section of ispconfig.org. So let's just wait and see.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks, I will test the phpmyadmin package and then publish it on ISPConfig.org.

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

In the mean time Till published the PHPMyAdmin 2.10.1 package for ISPConfig on http://www.ispconfig.org/

Download:

http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/phpmyadmin-2.10.1.pkg

Here are the update instructions:

1) Delete the old PHPMyAdmin package on the shell:

rm -rf /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/phpmyadmin
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/phpmyadmin

2) Install the new package with the update manager in the ISPConfig controlpanel.

Thanks to pjdevries for building this package!