create subdomain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dejvic, Nov 30, 2018.

1. dejvic

dejvic Member

dear, i have problem with create subdomain.

1. create subdomain (vhost) - directory is creating, I open index.html, but i cannot open index.php (error page)
    2. create subdomain - page redirected to main web page - intranet.dvcomputer.cz is redirecting to www.dvcomputer.cz :)

please help me with right creating .

Attached Files:

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

1. You need to delete the default index.html created for index.php to work or change its vhost to allow reading index.php first. Delete index.html will be the easiest.
    2. Make sure you use either * or ip address; and has all websites with https and not just some of them.

Anyway, error log may help you identify your real problem.

3. dejvic

dejvic Member

dear ahrasis, can you help me online with this problem.
    i delete index.html before uploading new websites data, but nothing.
    Im using web without https, but web pages not open :-(
    thank you very much. Or I can send you apache host files ???

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure that you uploaded the index php to the right new folder? A vhost subdomain does not share the folder with the website (unlike a normal subdomain).

That's exactly what a subdomain shall do, so that's working fine then.

As a side note, If a subdomain shall host its own site, then it is recommended to create it as website by clicking on new website and then put 'intranet.dvcomputer.cz' into the domain field. This separates the subdomain security-wise from the main website and is, therefore, the recommended setup as we describe it in the ISPConfig manual.

5. dejvic

dejvic Member

thanks, now i create new website intranet.dvcomputer.cz
    delete all files in this new create directory, and copy all my new web files with index.php.
    but nothing :-( www_intranet.JPG www_intranet1.JPG

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I assume you have dns records for your subdomain pointing to your server since in your first you said it was working and pointing to your main domain.

The only thing that I could think is how you upload the files for it. If you are using terminal, make sure you access using its ssh user account and not su root. Otherwise all files ownership will be owned by root, not your website user.

Also check chmod of the website files whether there are at least 755, though few will require 777.

Another way to avoid that ownership problem will be to use ftp to upload.

7. dejvic

dejvic Member

i´m using ftp for upload.
    and use ssh user acount "vana"
    and chmod of files is - 644 - is it a wrong???

Attached Files:

8. till

You get a 500 error which means that there is probably something wrong with the PHp files. Take a look at the error.log file of that website to find out what's wrong.

9. dejvic

dejvic Member

Thanks Till.
    im finding this :)

Attached Files:

10. dejvic

dejvic Member

i think that problem will be with php.
    old server has php version 5.x and new have 7.x :-(

11. till

Yes, that's possible. Either fix the php scripts to be PHP 7 compatible or install PHP 5 as additional PHP version and select that version for this site.

12. dejvic

dejvic Member

thank Till.
    i install PHP 5.6 by this code:
    Code:
    sudo su
    add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
    apt update && apt -y upgrade
    apt install -y php5.6 php5.6-common php5.6-gd php5.6-mysql php5.6-imap php5.6-cli php5.6-cgi php5.6-mcrypt php5.6-imagick php5.6-curl php5.6-intl php5.6-memcache php5.6-memcached php5.6-ps php5.6-pspell php5.6-recode php5.6-snmp php5.6-sqlite php5.6-tidy php5.6-xmlrpc php5.6-xsl php5.6-mbstring php5.6-fpm
    and now a don´t know what the right paths at Ispcofig3:
    -- Path to the PHP FastCGI binary
    -- Path to the php.ini directory
    -- Path to the PHP-FPM init script
    -- Path to the php.ini directory
    -- Path to the PHP-FPM pool directory

Thank Till for help.

13. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

'php-cgi5.6', '/etc/php/5.6/cgi/php.ini', 'php5.6-fpm', '/etc/php/5.6/fpm/php.ini', '/etc/php/5.6/fpm/pool.d'