creating a new website ISPConfig3 dosen't work

Discussion in 'General' started by pinguinito, May 20, 2009.

1. pinguinito

pinguinito Member

again I tried to create anew web site and did not work, no vhost file nathing and the Jobqueue report every thing ok but no new web my the domain is pointing to my ip and just i can get the index of apache. saludos. ???:(

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Make sure thyt you did not changed the location for the vhosts files in the ispconfig server settings.

3. pinguinito

pinguinito Member

ISPConfig3 help

Hi till thanks for your time.
    SO:
    Website basedir /var/www
    Website path /var/www/clients/client[client_id]/web[website_id]
    Website symlinks /var/www/[website_domain]/:/var/www/clients/client[client_id] /[website_domain]/

Vhost config dir /etc/apache2/sites-available

Vhost config enabled dir /etc/apache2/sites-enabled

I check everything to see if there is some file about the new web site and nothing.
    An other point:
    I do have my 1 website "elgg" bases in falko how to and is working good. But in my ISP control panel section "sites" I can't see it so, I can"t manage the website from ISPCOnfig. That happing a week after i create the web page.

Creating a New website :
    >sites
    >add new website
    >In the section "option":

Linux User web10 #the control panel doesn't show me the website path ass the firth time I created the only web site I have
    Linux Group client0
    Apache directive #then I add:<Directory /var/www/mail.example.com/web>
    AllowOverride All
    </Directory>
    I am missing the Document root in formation as I saw the firth time I created the website

Please I am sorry if my explanation is not good, If there is something that you don't understand let me know and Ill tried again.

thank you

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  4. till

So, how did you created the site when it is not in ispconfig?

5. pinguinito

pinguinito Member

ISPConfig3 help

So, how did you created the site when it is not in ispconfig?

When I set up the ISPConfig3 server : using the how to by falko, thanks to him, IT worked perfect and then I continued with the elgg how to and again it worked perfectly, that is my only web site . After that I tried to set up RoundCube Webmail and it didn't happen. probable I did something wrong, nothing more Thant eliminated by clip what I think I did wrong example: If I tried to add a new website and it didn't work I just eliminated in the (-) symbol . Then I saw I lost my website in my control panel in <sites> that I created before ,its not in my control panel of my ispconfig but its working.
    what do you think??
    A: yes I did create a website with my ISPConfig and I am happy about just

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  6. pinguinito

pinguinito Member

ISPConfig3 help

There is no way that I can add a website in my ispconfig3, should I tried to set up the server again?
    Thanks to till and falko for all they work.
    Ed.

7. till

Not sure how you lost this site. If its not in the controlpanel then there must be a database error or the site has been deleted in the database manually as if it would had been deleted trough the ispconfig control panel then the site would have been removed from the harddisk as well.

Maybe a reinstall is the fastest solution to fix this.