creating mail account on co-domains

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by freesqrt, May 22, 2008.

1. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Hi there,

Recently I moved to ISPconfig to control our domain mydomain.com and subdomains (co-domains) elec.mydomain.con, mine.mydomain.com and so on.
    I had to define main domain and all co-domains independently in ISPconfig -> ISP manager.
    but when I create mail/ftp account in elec.mydomain.com and other co-domains, users can not login to their webmail (such as UebiMiau).

where is the problem?

Regards,

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you enable the Maildir format in ISPConfig under Mangement > Server > Settings > Email? If you create a co-domain for www.mydomain.tld like www.codomain.tld, also create the co-domain codomain.tld (without www).

3. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Dear Hans,

Thank you very much for reply quickly and helpful.
    I found that some domains such as elec.mydomain.com has not co-domain and their co-domain panel are empty. I try to make a record in co-domain panel with domain "elec.mydomain.com". but ISPconfig respond me that:
    " The name .elec.mydomain.com is already in use by another site or domain."

how can I remove previous setting that remained in ISPconfig mind (or database)?

other domains that has co-domain records work perfectly!

Regards,

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please empty the ecycle bin.

5. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Hi till,

I had done that but yet ISPconfig say the same message.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And you are sure that you have not created any other site or co-domain for the domain mydomain.com under another client?

7. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Yes,
    We have just 1 user with 12 sites. and no one has co-domain except its own domain.

Regards,

8. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

So you created a web site elec.mydomain.com and then tried to create the Co-Domain elec.mydomain.com for the same web site?

9. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Hi Falko,

Yes, exactly.
    for other domains such as "mine.mydomain.com" or "agri.mydomain.com" automatically these co-domains has been created. but for "elec.mydomain.com" exceptionally, this co-domain has not been created (I think I removed it by myself). and now I can not create it again.

can I delete its record from ISPconfig database directly? if yes how?

Regards,

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  10. falko

Why do you need a Co-Domain elec.mydomain.com for the web site elec.mydomain.com?

Are you absolutely sure you've checked all recycle bins?

11. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

As I sead, when I create mail/ftp user for domain elec.mydomain.com, they can not login into their webmail (such as UebiMiau). unless (as Hans advised) there is a co-domain "elec.mydomain.com" in co-domain panel of this domain.
    I have 11 of such domains that all of them has corresponding co-domains and all of their users can login correctly except "elec.mydomain.con".

Yes I removed anything in recycle bin.
    can I delete its record from ISPconfig database directly? if yes how?

Thank you,

12. falko

There's a high risk of messing up the database, so you should make a backup before you try this.
    You must delete the record from the isp_isp_domain, isp_dep, and isp_nodes tables.

13. freesqrt

freesqrt New Member

Thank you very much Falko,

I removed elec.mydomain.com from ISP manager and DNS manager panels and then removed related record from table "isp_isp_domain". after that create this domain again. its co-domain created automatically and now works perfect. I hope to continue this healthy system.

14. DrmCtchr

DrmCtchr New Member

I am trying to create a email user for [email protected]. Domain.com and www.domain.com are co-domains of domain.net. I have enabled maildir format in the settings. and have cleared out all the recycle bins etc.

When I go to create a email user my only options are _________ @domain.net

How do I get an option to add a domain.com user?

Thanks in advance,
    David

15. DrmCtchr

DrmCtchr New Member