Creating of Database stopped working

Discussion in 'General' started by binaryrogue, May 19, 2009.

1. binaryrogue

binaryrogue Member

If I go to: [Sites --> Database] and create a new database under my server, it creates it and shows that it was created. If I look at the actual database, it's not there. The users were never created as well...

I have create a few other database the same way before and it was fine. It just won't create the databases and privileges any longer even though it shows on the interface.

any logs for me to look at to see why ispconfig is not creating the databases?

Update* - I see the entries being created under [dbispconfnig --> web_database] but the actual database and user does not get created.

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

as usual, take a look in the monitor and search for error messages.

3. binaryrogue

binaryrogue Member

Seems to be too many connections to the database? php errors?

When I open up my ispconfig ui, I get this:

HTML:
    Too many connections
    If I look at the server processes under phpmyadmin, I get a ton of lines that says:

HTML:
    ispconfig localhost dbispconfig sleep
    If I do a ps aux | grep "php" | wc -l on the cli, there are 292 php processes.

4. binaryrogue

binaryrogue Member

What's the process that writes the data from web_database to creating the actual database?

I have two Ispconfig servers doing replication. If I create a database on server1, it does not create the database. If I create a database on server2 it creates just fine. This was all working before.. so something must have broke.

note - I have never logged onto the second ispconfig to do anything.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I haope that you did not logged into the second server to create the databse or your system is now ina inconsistent state as you can not have 2 controlpanels in a replication setup!

Does the master node has current monitoring data from the slave? If not, then there is most likely a mysql permission problem that prevents the slave to connect to the master server or you blocked the connection with a firewall.

6. binaryrogue

binaryrogue Member

I don't know what it was, but the last email domain I created under the Email section seemed to caused the issue some how.. Doing a top cmomand on the server showed a a lot of process trying to create a virtual user inbox and couldn't. I remove the email domain and it all started to work again. I was able to create databases on the primary server once again.

I don't know exactly what the issue was..