Creating optional folders

Discussion in 'General' started by SamTzu, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

I noticed that it would actually be quite easy to have more similar 'Optional' folders like 'Own Error-Documents' folder. Just copy that same functionality in to maybe 5 other tabs that would have ISP defined optional files.

In /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/apache2_plugin.inc.php there is a line...
    //** Copy the error documents on update when the error document checkbox has been activated and was deactivated before

This same functionality could be also adopted to more than just Error-Documents folder.

Example of folders I would like to see similar tabs for...

Option1
    Option2
    Option3
    Option4
    Option5

Option1 could have mediwiki files for instance (now the only thing missing would be an easy way to push DB for those files.) etc.

2. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Actually now that I think about this why not just keep it simple in the beginning and forget the DataBase part of this.

Those Optional folders could simply have installation files on them.

Optinal1 could have Joomla installation setup in it.
    Optinal2 could have Drupal installation setup in it.
    Optinal3 could have Mediawiki installation setup in it.
    etc.

Then if the Site owner wanted to create Joomla site easily all they would have to do is mark the Optional1 tab under the 'Own Error-Documents' tab on their 'Site' page and voila the Joomla installation files would have been copied to a sub folder on their site.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A application installer is already planned for one of the next releases.

4. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

Good news.

5. SamTzu

SamTzu Active Member

For those who don't want to wait here is how you can copy whole folder to a new 'Site'.

Edit: Seems to look a bit different in the latest 3.0.3 version.
    There is
    before all the lines.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010