Critical bug in backup stats

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by SergiX44, Jul 7, 2017.

1. SergiX44

SergiX44 Member

This is the story that how ISPConfig has messed up itself:
    Going into Sites -> Backup stats -> and clicking on a site that is a Vhost Subdomain.
    You are redirected to the backup tab of a website, Vhost subdomain doesn't have the backup tab, very odd, I thought, so I've changed tab to see if is the right domain, and it saved the configuration and put in queue for apply changes.
    When it has finished, the vhost subdomain has become magically a full website, with all others subdomains of the main domain. Obviously, the path have changed, and the sites files are gone, deleted. Apache founds an error in the new configuration, so it doesn't start, because the old certificate of a subdomain in not in the folder pointed by the new configuration.
    At this point, I had to move all the non-working configurations manually, restart apache so I could finally reconnect to ISPConfig.
    I've removed all the subdomains that has become website, and I tryed to restore a backup in the website father, but it did not work.
    At this point again, I've deleted the father domain, and recreated all website and subdomain vhost, entirely.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This is a known issue and already listed in the bug tracker.

3. SergiX44

SergiX44 Member

There is a way to disable that page for clients? It's a problem if everyone can screw up the apache configuration and put offline everything.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

you can e.g. comment out lines 623 - 669 from file interface/web/sites/form/web_vhost_domain.tform.php to remove the backup tab for vhost sub- and aliasdomains as it is not working correctly at the moment anyway.

5. DipSwitch

DipSwitch New Member

Isn't the patch provided in the bug tracker better? ;)

git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4331