Cron Error chdir failed

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by edworcs, Oct 1, 2014.

1. edworcs

edworcs New Member

Hi,

I'm getting this error:

CROND[12683]: (CRON) ERROR chdir failed (/var/www/clients/client1/web6/./home/web6): No such file or directory

I've searched the forums. I'm now struggling and would appreciate some help trying to figure out what is going on.

The cron directives are working from the command line when executed as root user.

ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p3 (just upgraded from ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p1)

Centos 6.5. Final

User has full Cron access (Client -> NAME -> Limits -> Cron Job Limits)

/etc/passwd - web6:x:5009:5005::/var/www/clients/client1/web6/./home/web6:/bin/false

Jailkit is not installed (not needed, I hope).

Permissions on /var/www/clients/client1/web6 are web6:client1 (changed from root:root)

/etc/cron.d/ispc_web6 exists and uses SHELL='/bin/sh'

The Cron directive is a URL call:

web6 /usr/bin/wget -q -t 1 -T 7200 -O /dev/null 'http://www.example.com/script_name.php' >/dev/null 2>&1

I'm now stuck on how to go about troubleshooting this problem. Any clues gratefully received.

Thanks,

Ed

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Jailkit is a system requirement for ispconfig, its is used to create the home directories and other parts of the cron and shelluser enviroments. So if your server is not a pure mail or dns server, then jailkit is a must have.

The path "/var/www/clients/client1/web6/./home/web6" indicates that the cronjob was jailed before and if jailkit is missing during this process, the cronjob will also fail when you set it to full afterwards.

Please install jailkit, then download ispconfig again and run the update.php script in the install folder and let it reconfigure services. Then login to ispconfig and delete the cronjob and create it again.

3. edworcs

edworcs New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thanks for pointing that out. I will correct the guide and remove that sentence.

5. edworcs

edworcs New Member

Till,

This worked almost as expected. The /etc/passwd file needed to be edited to remove ./home/web6 and all was well.

Many thanks for your help with this. I am very grateful!

Ed